About Me

My photo
my name is samyy& im a seventeen year old college student studying photography. this blog is about things from cosmetics to movies, a bit of everything really. my main loves in life are fashion& photography which go pretty well together dont you think#♥

Sunday 29 August 2010

Models Own 50% off Purchase#

I dont know if anyone will read this but here it goes anyway.
So basically, ive been buying quite a lot of things lately, seeing as it is the summer holidays I thought i may aswell spend my money now rather than later, as its back to college in a couple of weeks time, which means I won't have as much time to go shopping as I do in the holidays. Anyway, I've recently bought some nailvarnish off http://www.modelsownit.com/, i was a bit wary at first as i've never bought anything from this website, but after reading some good reviews about it, i decided to give it a go, and lucky enough for me, the models own 50% sale was on, so i decided to buy 4 nail varnishes :)



left to right: Purple Grey, Emerald City, Beths Blue and Nude Beige.
I had ordered these on a Sunday and I recieved them on the Friday, which wasn't 2-3 Days like the website had said, but I understood that It may take a bit longer to arrive because of the amount of people purchasing items on that day. Every day since I originally purchased them, I had been waiting for the post lady to come, and when she finally arrived with a black box in hand, I nearly flew down the stairs I was that excited, and maybe nail polish isn't a thing most people get excited about, but i have quite a big obsession with it and I couldn't wait to try at least one of them on.
    As i opened the box, i was quite pleased to see purple tissue paper around it all, (which makes a change from some places who just shove the product into the box). Plus they were all put into a bubble wrap casing aswell, which shows that models own definitely do care about the quality their products arrive in.



































So far i've only had a chance to try one colour of Nailvarnish on, which is the Beths Blue, with a basecoat and top coat of Barry M's nail hardener.
As you can see from these photographs, Beths Blue is an amazing colour and depending on the lighting, it can look a really light blue or it can look how it does in the pictures.
  I was surprised that it only really needed one thick coat, to get it a solid colour, which then completely covers your nail lines, (as a lot of other products tend to need 5 coats on to get it to a solid colour,) and it also didn't really take that long to dry, as it wasn't overly gloopy.

 All that I can now really say is that, i honestly think Models Own will be one of my newest obsessions, with the range of colours and products they offer, i would reccomend them to anyone and everyone :)

So who else has tried Models Own products and what do you all think of them?

-samicca x

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog.... am a new follower x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much :)
    ive just had a look at your blog & i love all of your blogging so far* im now following (:
    .x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just done a post about Beth's Blue too! Lovee it! I'm following you! Check out my blog ;) xxxx

    http://sanasbeautyspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete